Friday, March 22, 2013

Eger - Thursday

This morning, after writing some notes for the funeral, I went to the plaza to see Gabi - our family's hairdresser for the 7 years that we lived here. Gabi not only cut Rosemary's hair and my hair, but she cut Nate's hair and gave Felicia her first hair cut. It's always good to see her and she always gets it right.

Later on I went out to lunch with the Hernádi's. They were busy today making arrangements for the funeral and the reception. Quite a few people are going to be there, from all over the country.

It the afternoon I came back to my guesthouse with the intention of working on the computer a bit, but jetlag caught up with me hard, and I fell asleep for a few hours. I spept so hard that I could hardly move when I woke up.

Around 5 I got together with my good friend Dani and we went and drank coffee and did some very necessary catching up. I am glad to see that he is doing better in every aspect of his life. When I think of Dani and many other people at the church, the scripture that always comes to mind is Philippians 4:1 - Therefore, my brothers, whom I love and long for, my joy and crown, stand firm thus in the Lord, my beloved.

From the coffee house I went back over to the Hernádi's. Tünde was away at the church's women's book club, and so we had organized for me to meet with the elders to pray for the church and discuss things that are going on. One thing that has struck me while being here, and something I heard from Dani tonight, is that the church here, although small, is full of people who truly love each other, truly seek The Lord, and truly live out their faith. Their is quality. Today I was reading an interview with Greg Laurie in which he said: if you take care of the quality, The Lord will take care of the quantity. These guys have done a good job taking care of the quality and I'm proud of them and I praise God for it.

After we prayed for the church and talked, Tünde got home and I hung out for a bit drinking a late night coffee and talking. It was a great time of fellowship. Jani even mentioned that when I was here we didn't always spend a lot of time together with no agenda, just hanging out. We did sometimes, but everyone was always so busy. One of the blessings of this week is getting to spend a lot of quality time with the Hernádi's. That's important, because as they say: some people are like Ukrainian candy - they take a long time to open up :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment