Tuesday, May 17, 2011

How to Use a Dacia

A while back I wrote a post called "Why I Love My Dacia".

Over the past few weeks my beloved car has been put to the test, and I am more satisfied with it than ever.

A few weeks ago I got a call in the middle of the night from a friend whose car had broken down in Füzesabony and needed me to tow him to Debrecen. His car had actually broken down while he was towing someone else. Dacia did great towing his car 100 km to Debrecen.

Last week we took a family trip - and put almost 3000 km on the car.
It ran great and fit all our stuff comfortably. It had no problem in the alps, even with 6 people and a bunch of stuff weighing it down.

Here's how the trip went:

Day 1: Eger - Millstatt, Austria. 775 km.



Day 2: Millstatt - Freilassing, Germany - Millstatt. 312 km.
Went to pick up my friend who came by train from Germany.



Day 3: Millstatt - Gmünd, Austria - Tarvisio, Italy - Millstatt. 191 km.
We went to a Porsche museum in Gmünd, and then went to Italy to eat lunch and visit a scenic lake in the mountains.



Day 4: Millstatt - Salzburg - Millstatt. 317 km.
Taking my friend back to the train station.

Day 5: Millstatt - Grado, Italy - Millstatt. 448 km.
Went to the beach in Italy. Had a great time, with great weather.



Day 6: Millstatt - Eger. 775 km.

Total: 2818 km (1751 mi.)

It was a good trip, but we're glad to be out of the car...

No comments:

Post a Comment