Sunday, May 29, 2011

Gyermeknap / Children's Day

When I was growing up I remember asking my parents why there is a Mothers Day and a Fathers Day, but no Children's Day. The answer: "because every day is children's day!"

Then when I moved to Hungary, and found out that they don't have a Fathers Day - the same explanation was given: "because every day is Fathers Day!"

But, although there is no Fathers Day in Hungary - they do have a Children's Day. And I must say that now that I have kids, this is one of my favorite holidays.

Here in Eger, they have a Children's Day festival every year in the Érsekkert - the city park.
We'd never gone before, until today, when we packed up the kids and went down to the park. We all had a great time.

Here is a video of our time at the park. Make sure to check out Balázs' very bling necklace that he picked up from a vendor...

No comments:

Post a Comment