Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Why I Love My Dacia



We have had our Dacia Logan MCV since June of last year, and we love it.
In fact, we even often tell each other how much we love our car, when we are getting into it or driving it.

When we started shopping for a car last year, we didn't plan to buy a Dacia, but after weighing our options we found that it was exactly what we needed and the best deal for the money. I don't regret it at all.

Here are some reasons I love my Dacia:
  • 7 full-sized seats.
    We looked at a few cars that had 5+2 seats, with those ones that fold down in the back - but those seats are usually quite small and uncomfortable. I actually find the 3rd row of seats in our car to be one of the most comfortable places in the car, and sometimes choose to sit back there on long trips so I can relax.
  • Off-road Capabilities.
    The MCV is not a 4-wheel drive car, but it was designed for Eastern European roads. So, it sits up quite high off the ground, and it has 16 in. wheels with 185 cm sidewalled tires. Sleek design was obviously not the main priority - but I love that I never have to worry about driving off-road with it, or on bad roads. I have taken this car to Ukraine a number of times, and on many bad roads and dirt roads in Hungary and have never bottomed out - whereas the others with me driving Fords, Peugeots and Opels bottomed out and got racked by pot holes.
  • Cargo Space.
    By removing the 3rd row of seats, I have had 5 adults and 6 full-size suitcases in the car before - comfortably.
    I often also take 6 people with luggage, comfortably.
  • Shelf.
    This may seem trivial - but it is one of the things we like about the car: The ceiling is high and there is a storage shelf above the back seat. It's the little things...
What do I not love about the car? Only a few things:
  • The fuel consumption isn't great: 8-8.5 l/100km (28 mile/gal). It's not the best, but it's not that bad either.
  • The button to roll down the window is not on the door, but on the center console. I don't think I'll ever get used to that.
We have put about 17,000 km on it, and are really satisfied with it, and would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a maximally practical but yet affordable car.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:20 PM

    Ha jól tudom Renault motor van az autódban?
    Nekem az 1,6-os a múltkori egri úttal országúti és városi vegyesben 6,5-öt fogyasztott. Pali

    ReplyDelete
  2. Igen, 1,6-os Renault motor van benne. Ma felhívtam a szakszervízt, és azt mondták, hogy valószínűleg jó a fogyasztása, és csak szovtvér fissítés kell rajta csinálni.

    ReplyDelete