Friday, April 16, 2010

In the News

  • A 3 month old baby died in South Korea, because the parents left it at home to go play a multi-player online video game.
    I know a lot of people who play these games; I even played World of Warcraft for a while, and I know how time consuming and addictive they can be - which is precisely why I stopped playing. I have seen other people who get really into these games, and the destructive effects that it can have on their lives if they aren't careful. I have seen playing these games cause people to miss church, lose their job, be left by their girlfriend, and even fail classes and have to repeat a year of school - but a baby's death? That's extremely sad.
    The couple has pleaded guilty and has been sent to a psychological evaluation, which means that the court is going to deal with the question of whether addiction to these games can be considered to impair judgment on the same level as drugs and alcohol.
    It seems like bondage to me. Here's the news report about it:
  • I kind of like bizarre things, and this is pretty bizarre. It is a band of Oneness Pentacostals singing a song about people who believe in the Trinity.
  • A Cardinal in the Vatican made a public statement this week that research indicates that celibacy doesn't lead to child abuse, but homosexuality does.
    Also, the American College of Pediatricians issued a statement against the theory that people are born homosexual.
  • For the past few years I've considered the Emergent Church a non-issue, especially here in Hungary. According to this article it is now a non-issue everywhere, and the emergent church is really a thing of the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment