Friday, June 23, 2006

Come on England!


Hi there,
Rosemary and I are in England at the moment, more specifically in Oxford.
Two main things on my mind right now:
1) England is a cool place! I have never been one to be interested in Western-Europe at all; I've always been (and continue to be) much more interested in going East. My reasoning behind this is that I don't like pushing through crowds of tourists or paying a lot of money for anything. The farther East you go, the less you have to worry about those things! That's why while Rosemary is always saying, "I want to go to England or France," I'm always saying, "Let's go to Bulgaria or Azerbaijan! Albania, here we come! Watch out Moldova!"
But after being here in England for even only a day, I'm starting to see what all the fuss is about. Its cool here, and I love Ginger Beer!
2) I love watching the World Cup. I never watch football (that's right, I called it football on purpose) much outside of the World Cup or the olympics, but I must admit that I have caught a full case of World Cup fever. I watch as many games as I can, and even get a newspaper and follow all the groups.
Just a side note--I am proud to say that Ukraine will almost definitely proceed to the second round. I'm sure that almost none of you care, but I think its really great.
Ok, here are some pictures from our day in Oxford. Enjoy.



4 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:46 PM

    Those are beautiful pictures. They make me wish I was there as well.
    Keep up the blogging, I am enjoying reading them.

    josh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:22 PM

    Nick, we're similar. I always dream about visiting countries where no-one
    ever goes (eg. Moldova).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right on. Let me know if you ever do - I'd be interested to hear about it!
    I found an interesting documentary by the BBC about Moldova. If you search Google videos you can probably find it. Check it out if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's a link for Pt 1 of the documentary: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmrLbTHBV3s
    Its got 4 parts. Interesting stuff.

    ReplyDelete